Why consider the Boba Wrap?
- You want to mimic the environment that your baby felt in the womb – All infants crave pressure and containment, especially within the first year of life. The Boba Baby Wrap envelops your baby with clinging support.
- You want extra support for preemies or smaller babies – If you have a preterm baby or a baby under seven pounds, your baby will be too small for the Boba Carrier. If you are interested in Kangaroo Care the wrap is ideal and will perfectly adjust to the contours of the littlest bodies and provide the best support.
- Your baby is bigger but you still want to be close in a very unique way – If you want to be close, in a magical sort of way, the wrap is ideal and works even if your baby needs suspenders to hold up his cheeks.
- You want all little limbs contained – little legs and even your babyâ€™s toes. You may get some comments that from afar you look like your still pregnant with your little one all tucked in but itâ€™s so neat to have your baby curled up all snuggly and safe.
- You want the perfect fit every time – The fabric fits to your bodyâ€™s curves as well. Think of a custom baby carrier built exactly to fit your body. The fabric can always be adjusted to the size of your baby. It can cover the entire back of your baby and can be spread to the back of your babyâ€™s knees no matter if your baby is an infant or a one year old.
- Youâ€™re not into pressure points – Soft, durable, elastic cotton spread wide across your shoulders so that there are no points of pressure. There are no straps digging in the wrong places or in the wrong ways. This is a nice carrier to have after giving birth and you just donâ€™t feel like buckles or webbing.
- You value comfort – A stretchy wrap is unparalleled in comfort. If youâ€™re going to be wearing your baby all day, this is the carrier to use. No carrier will be as comfortable.
- You want the best weight distribution in a carrier – The joy of the wrap is when the lays flat across your back, the weight distribution is just about as spread out as it can get.
- You want to stay dry – The fabric is knit so that little loops of cotton wick moisture away from your babyâ€™s skin, and yours as well.
- You love to wash everything – If you like to wash your carrier frequently and have it always smelling of fresh lavender detergent then the wrap is ideal. You donâ€™t have to spot clean a wrap.
Product Description of Boba Wrap
The Boba Baby Wrap is a simple piece of long cloth that you tie to your body and then place your baby into. Boba Wraps are only intended to be worn with the baby oriented toward the wearer on the front of the wearerâ€™s body. Back wearing is not recommended with the Boba Wrap or any other stretchy baby wraps. The Boba Wrap provides optimal head and neck support which is essential for when baby falls asleep. The fabric does not need to be retied and no special attachment is necessary. Babyâ€™s head is simply slipped under the elastic cotton shoulder piece. The babyâ€™s spine is completely supported in the “c – shaped” position, the position that infants are naturally adapted to being carried in. No matter how long or short your babyâ€™s legs are, the fabric can be always be stretched to the back of the knees to ensure proper sitting position. The wrap is completely adjustable, it clings to wearers body and to the contours of the baby no matter what body type. When you are wearing the wrap you can adjust the baby to a lower position to nurse the baby without retying the wrap. The Boba Wrap comes in black and virtually every color and it can be worn under cardigans or coats. You can make the wrap blend in or add a splash of color to your life.
Cons of the Boba Wrap…
Learning to wear a wrap properly may have a slightly longer learning curve than other carriers. Some donâ€™t want to be wrapped in fabric, though our largest growing market in Indonesia! Like anything that requires a little effort to r learn the payback is generous. Your shoulders will thank you. The Boba Wrap may take a minute to tie. Although a minute is not that long, when your baby is upset it may seem an eternity. Male partners may not be too enthusiastic about the wrapping process, especially if you buy a hot pink wrap. Yet we do get pics of dads wearing their babies in pink playing video games. When you tie it, it may be difficult to keep off the ground when tying outside. Please donâ€™t be swayed by the main stereotype of stretchy wraps as being suitable for only the first couple of months. If the fabric is spread to the back of the knee and the babyâ€™s bottom is above your belly button you can carry your two year old. All of these factors are peanuts considering the comfortable ride for you and your little one in the wrap.
Why consider a Boba Carrier?
- You want a carrier that you can take on and off in two snaps – This is a huge plus. When you want to go somewhere fast or you have a cranky baby that you want to bring outside it is wonderful.
- You only want to buy one carrier – The Boba 3G Carrier can accommodate a baby seven pounds up to a big toddler.
- You are not a “wrap person”- You like the look and style of a soft structured carrier and you think you canâ€™t be bothered wrapping your body every time.
- You want to carry your baby on your back- You canâ€™t safely carry your baby in a Boba Wrap on your back. If you are into back carries the Boba Baby Carrier is for you.
- Your baby is over a year old – Carriers are usually easier and more practical for bigger babies.
- You dig the foot straps – Youâ€™re dying to know if your toddler will be the one who loves or hates the foot straps.
- You want a carrier that is made here in Boulder, Colorado – Our organic carriers are made here by a guy who makes packs for people who climb the worldâ€™s tallest mountains.
- You love the boldness and spunk that they bring to your presence – Some people like the bold solid colors. Some like the fun new patterns. Dress up or dress down. We have one to fit your personality, and your partnerâ€™s too!
Product Description of Boba Carrier
Boba Baby Carrier – these carriers are more like a backpack and are generally designed for older babies and toddlers to be worn on your bodyâ€™s front or back.The carriers have adjustable webbing so that you can adjust the shoulder straps and the waist belt to desired length. The shoulder straps have a high density foam which provides a little extra comfort. The Boba Carrier was designed to be more “wrap-like”. While no soft structured carrier can quite envelop your little one like a wrap does, the Boba carrier sides are tapered more like wings so that they can better hug your baby. If your baby is above seven pounds and you want to only buy one carrier that will take you from birth to toddlerhood the Boba Carrier is what you want. We do have an infant solution where you can shorten the torso of the carrier so that even a seven pound baby can be carried safely and securely against your chest. The carrier offers excellent leg support for infants with its wide seat. As your babyâ€™s legs turn into longer toddler legs, footstraps provide that extra leg support and give tired legs a place to rest. The Boba Carrier is easy on easy off. After initially adjusting the carrier to your body there is no need to readjust. Nursing is possible with the quick release nursing adjustment buckle. The patterns are gorgeous, one for every style from solid and classic to fun and chic.
Cons of the Boba Carrier…
The Boba needs to be readjusted every time before you put it on if you are sharing it with your partner. With the awesome easy on easy off feature of the carrier comes a small sacrifice in comfort. If you have never tried a wrap you might the carrier might be the most way you have yet found to carry your baby. The truth is that shoulder straps donâ€™t distribute your babyâ€™s weight as well as wide spread fabric does. Yet, most parents can wear the Boba Carrier all day long. Nursing may not be as discreet as in the boba wrap, but if you layer your shirts and lift up one shirt and pull down the other, no one will even notice. Our copywriter has deemed the Boba Carrier as “washable but not indestructible”. The Carrier can be washed but youâ€™ll probably do more spot cleaning if you want to retain the vibrant colors.
Both carriers hold your babies close. Both the wrap and the carrier hold your baby in the proper sitting position. Both carriers support the legs and with that support comes natural pelvis, hip and spine alignment for your little one.
Why consider Both the Wrap and the Carrier?
When we were two companies, we had the Boba Carrier and the Sleepy Wrap separate.Â We initially recommended the wrap for the first year of life and the Boba carrier for the toddler years.Â It was tough to wholeheartedly recommend a carrier for a six month old when we knew that the wrap offered the best support.Â The wrap creates a seat that custom fits your growing baby, while the carrier cannot provide that same custom fit for little infants.Â No carrier can be perfect from birth to four years old.Â A combination of the two carriers is optimal, a wrap for the first nine months to a year and then a soft structured carrier for the back carries and a heavier little one up until they won’t let you carry them any more!
Boba makes two outstanding supportive carriers. Hope this helped you to decide which one better fits your family!
p.s. If you would like to compare other types of baby carriers, (slings, mei-tais, front-facing carriers) to stretchy baby wraps and soft structured carriers in general, we have a pretty thorough list of the pros and cons of different types of baby carriers too.