10 Reasons to Breastfeed in Public
Breastfeeding in public is, sadly, still a controversial topic. Every day I read comments, blogs, and tweets that seem to think that nursing a baby is akin to urinating on a public park bench. Huh? In 2012?
If youâ€™re wondering if you should breastfeed in public or just stay home to avoid potential awkwardness, here are 10 reasons to feed your baby in front of others.
10. You make it easier for other moms to nurse in public when you do.
9. By nursing your babies in front of kids, itâ€™ll normalize the already NORMAL biological function of breasts.
8. Itâ€™ll help de-objectify the female form by giving breasts a function other than ogling.
7. Being a mother to a young child doesnâ€™t have to be isolating. By nursing in public you can stay social & active.
6. No standing up in public restrooms feeding baby. Need I say more?
5. Itâ€™s your legal right.
4. Your baby wonâ€™t learn that feeding comes only after excessive crying.
3. Your chances of breastfeeding for a longer period of time go up if itâ€™s part of your normal routine rather than an inconvenience.
2. You can enjoy feeding your baby rather than feel as if your little one pulls you away from the action.
1. Breastfeeding is normal!