10 Positive Affirmations for Homebirth and Unassisted Birth
Making the decision to have your baby at home isnâ€™t as radical as it was 15 years ago but there will still be a few people who cock their heads and look at you like youâ€™ve lost your mind. If youâ€™ve ever seen a birth reenactment or portray on television, itâ€™s not hard to understand why. For the sake of entertainment, birth has been made out to be less of a normal, biological function and more of a wretched, horrible spectacle.
When preparing oneâ€™s mind for a homebirth, whether midwife-attended or an unassisted birth, it is important to calm oneâ€™s mind, first and foremost. Just as professional athletes spend time visualizing scoring the winning touchdown or crossing the finish line in record time, take the time to imagine a serene, calm, and beautiful birth experience. Keep away from fearful people and scary media.
Trust in your body and your ability to listen to your babyâ€™s messages. Write down your dreams and mediate on them for wisdom and insights into what your body and baby may need.
One thing that really helped me were positive affirmations. I loved reading them, reciting them to myself and watching videos with positive messages.
Here are 10 Positive Birth Affirmations for your own use. Learn and believe them!
- I am in tune with my body and my baby.
- My ability to listen to my baby gets stronger every day.
- My body is build for childbirth.
- I joyfully anticipate the birth of my baby.
- I am supported and surrounded by love at all times.
- My muscles are strong and relaxed.
- My body is vibrant and healthy.
- I am on the path intended for me.
- My baby and I are in constant communication.
- I am so thankful for this birth experience.
Have a wonderful birth day!